Articles and Publications
1. Gastroschisis and Omphalocele article Gastroschisis and Omphalocele
2. Caring for a Newborn with an Omphalocele, written by the staff at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada. omphalocele_article
The next two references are medical books and have technical information. These were created for medical professionals, students, and members of the general public who want to conduct medical research on the topic. See Omphalocele.net’s Disclaimer.
1. (2006) Omphalocele – A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References -Icon Health Publications http://astore.amazon.com/birthdefectre-20/detail/0497008025
2. Chen, C-P. (2008) Prenatal Diagnosis and Genetic Counseling of Omphalocele. Taiwan: Elsevier
The following books have helped parents with feeding strategies and/or preparing age appropriate foods.
1. Satter, E. (2000). Child of Mine, Feeding with Love and Good Sense. Boulder: Bull Publishing Company
2. Kalnins, D & Saab, J. (2008) Better Baby Food, 2nd Edition – The Hospital For Sick Children. Toronto: Robert Rose Inc.